Treatment of varicose veins on the legs with gymnastics becomes a good addition to the drug therapy prescribed by the doctor.
But you should do gymnastics regularly, otherwise it will not give the expected result.
What is the benefit of remedial gymnastics
What are the benefits of remedial gymnastics? Special exercises solve a number of problems typical of varicose veins of the lower extremities. This:
- improvement of lymphatic and venous outflow;
- increase physical activity and endurance;
- increased venous tone;
- improving blood supply to peripheral veins.
If you do not burden yourself and neglect the daily performance of the gymnastic complex, then you can cause even greater stagnation of venous blood in the inflamed parts of the veins. At the same time, the local pressure increases, which only worsens the pathology.
This increases the pathological symptoms:
- swelling occurs in the ankles and feet as well as in the entire lower leg;
- general painful sensations in the legs increase.
Everyday classes help to avoid such a development of the disease and enhance the therapeutic effect of the medications taken.
Physical activity in case of varicose veins of the lower extremities
Varicose veins of the lower extremities most often develop in people who move poorly. The simplest and most affordable exercise for any person is usually walking. People diagnosed with pathology should walk the path, even short walks every day.
The second most useful and simplest exercise can be called cycling or swimming.
In addition, doctors have developed a specialized gymnastic complex aimed at solving the problem of varicose veins in the legs.
Phlebologists recommend performing an anti-varicose gymnastic complex in the morning and evening, taking about half an hour of free time. But giving yourself too much stress, leading to exhaustion, is not worth it. It is necessary to take into account the level of your preparedness and not to exceed the permitted measure. Just do the exercises for 5 minutes and then rest the tense muscles.
There are some other useful guidelines for anti-varicose exercise:
- People whose work is related to a fixed body position, five-minute gymnastics every hour is recommended;
- it is necessary to monitor the posture of the body, and also not to cross your legs while sitting on a chair;
- During the day you need to perform a few exercises from the medical complex.
When you diagnose varicose veins in your legs, you can't:
- overload the lower limbs;
- to engage professionally in those sports in which the feet receive significant loads;
- for lifting weights and even more upwards.
For varicose veins, light loads are allowed, without overloading.
The main complex for varicose veins
The exercises from the above complex are universal and are suitable for diagnosing varicose veins of the arms or legs, as well as veins in the pelvic area.
- You need to lie on the floor on your back and draw one leg to your chest. Then lift your upper body and lock for a few seconds. Then return to the starting position and repeat the movement with the other leg.
- Lie on the floor and raise your bent legs above the floor. Straighten them and hold for two to three seconds. Then bend your legs again.
- Lie on the floor on your back and lift your legs. Rotate your feet inward and outward. You can also bend / bend your toes.
- We sit on any chair. We lean our heels on the floor and start bringing and sharing socks. This movement must be repeated about twenty times.
- We lay on the floor, arms outstretched next to the body. We begin to raise our legs in turn as much as possible. At maximum height, the limb will need to be held for a few seconds and then lowered to the floor. Repeat ten times.
- Exercise "Swallow". It must be repeated twenty times.
- Stand up straight and start rolling from heel to toe. Be sure to redistribute your body weight. You need to do about twenty reps.
- You have to walk with your knees high for about fifteen minutes.
Exercises for varicose veins of the lower extremities
Gymnastics can be very effective in treating varicose veins in the legs. Especially at the beginning of the development of pathology.
- You have to lie on any flat surface and put your feet on a high pillow to raise them by about twenty degrees. And lie still in such a position to relieve the veins.
- We lie on the floor surface, bend our knees and put our feet on the floor. We put our palms on our hips. Inhaling, we begin to raise the upper body, sliding the palms along the surface of the hips and legs, lowering them to knee level. Then exhale slowly and return the body to the floor in its original position.
- Laying on the floor surface. Hands next to the body. Raise your feet slightly above the floor and tighten the small pad with your feet. Inhale shallowly and bend at the same time in the lumbar region. The surface of the buttocks must be lifted off the floor. Then exhale and return the body to its original position.
- We lie on the floor, hands resting on the body. Now you need to bend your legs with a slow breath, tuck your belly in. Then start exhaling while inflating your stomach
- Get up. Legs together, arms lower along the body. Start taking a deep breath and lift yourself to your toes at the same time. Then exhale and return the legs to their original position, ie lower the whole foot.
If you do the suggested exercises regularly, you can significantly reduce the symptoms that accompany venous congestion. In addition, the treatment of varicose veins on the legs with gymnastics helps to stop the development of pathology and reduce the risk of negative consequences of the disease.
Additional set of exercises for varicose veins of the legs
In order to enhance the healing effect of the morning complex, additional exercises should be done during the day.
- The feet are straight. It is necessary to slowly rise and fall. Repeat the movement 30 times
- Take off your socks and connect your heels. Go up and down. Repeat 30 times.
- Straighten your socks or spread your heels. Go up and down again 30 times.
- Simulate walking on the spot without lifting your toes off the floor.
- Legs together, arms hanging down to the body. Inhale slowly and at the same time pull your shoulders back. During exhalation, the back should be relaxed and the head bent at the chest.
- Standing on the floor, hands by body. As you inhale, you must stand on your fingertips, raising your arms to the ceiling. At the exit, lower your arms and straighten your entire foot.
- Tension and relaxation of the gluteal muscles gives a good result.
Exercises to prevent the development of varicose veins
The following exercises will help prevent the development of varicose veins:
- We lay on the floor, hands next to the body. The legs should be placed on a chair. They should be flat. It is necessary to bend / bend the feet in turn. Repeat the movement for each leg 5 times.
- We lie on the floor with our backs. The legs are raised straight and spread. We begin to rotate the ankles to the right / left. You need to do 7 reps.
- The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise, only the legs are bent at the knees. Rotations should be done with the knee joints. Repeat the movements 7 times with each leg.
- Get to the "Birch" position. Spread your legs and do alternating swings. The number of repetitions is 7 times.
- You need to jump on your toes 15 times. Then rest a bit and repeat the jumps.
Varicose veins are a rather unpleasant pathology that is diagnosed very often. Treating varicose veins on the legs with gymnastics helps to reduce the manifestations of the disease.