Varicose superficial distention of peripheral veins, poor blood flow. The situation was fraught with serious complications up to disability and death. What to do how to prevent varicose veins on the legs to avoid hitting the lower limbs.
Common prevention measures
The preventive measures will prevent or stop the development of varicose veins on the legs of persons who are at risk, to consolidate the positive outcome of the treatment of varicose veins.
Prevention of varicose veins solves 3 main problems:
- The tonicity of the venous wall,
- To strengthen the muscles of the legs and venous corset
- To prevent the development of varicose veins of the legs or stop the disease at the primary level.
There is no better medicine than a healthy lifestyle and regular gymnastics (charging), to maintain venous tone and elasticity of muscles. Help to prevent varicose veins on the legs exercises in the pool, aerobics, yoga.
For the prevention and treatment of varicose veins of the legs there is a list of the special exercises in order to disperse the blood, increase lymph circulation, strengthen the elasticity of veins, create a moderate load on the limbs:
- Walking on the toes,
- "Bike" — the rotation of the feet,
- Mimics walking on skis (trainer),
Physical exercise will help to improve tissue elasticity, make the muscles supple and less prone to the famous "stars". At the initial stage of varicose with minimal load on the legs should wear a compression garment.
For varicose veins to choose compression stockings are not recommended, it must be done by the physician based on individual patient's condition and the necessary degree of compression).
There are several types of compression garments:
- As a preventive for varicose veins use first class
- Linen second class is recommended for women at the first sign of varicose,
- Third class – with severe symptoms of varicose veins of the legs, thrombophlebitis.
Products should be purchased only in pharmacies, to avoid defective goods. Shoes should be comfortable, heel not more than 4 cm, and trousers, leggings or gaiters – not to put pressure on the legs, to avoid compression of the veins and blood flow disorders.
Food for the prevention of varicose veins
To prevent varicose veins in the legs helps the adjustment of supply. Right menu weight stabilizes, eliminates subcutaneous fat. The diet should be sufficient fiber, which helps to improve the digestive tract and helps excrete toxins.
The illness, if you reduce consumption of animal fats. It is recommended to replace them with vegetable to improve blood flow, prevention of varicose veins.
A complete ban on fast — food products, TRANS fats, semi-finished products, which increase the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood and contribute to slagging of the organism.
When varicose veins is recommended to consume meals with a high content of vitamins C, A, R, K, to strengthen the walls of blood vessels and improve immunity. It is useful to introduce in the daily diet of currants, citrus fruits, red meat, cereal grains, dried fruits, drink at least 1.5 liters of fluid a day, including fresh juice, fruit drinks, herbal teas (chamomile, rose hips, sage).
Standing work prevention of varicose veins
To preserve the health of the feet in standing work every day, do a short walk to reduce the pressure on the walls of blood vessels, prevent varicose veins. It is recommended to carefully monitor their weight to eat a balanced, daily exercise before work.
It is important to get rid of bad habits — Smoking and alcohol increase blood viscosity, promote the emergence of stagnation in the lower extremities, provoke swelling and blood clots.
It is necessary to avoid overheating and overcooling, in a timely manner to treat infectious diseases of the genital organs, inflammatory processes of the digestive tract, strengthen the immune system.
Feet often need to rest. Periodically put them on the hill, keep the foot in a raised position, to normalize blood pressure and blood flow and strengthening blood vessels.
Drugs to strengthen the vascular system
To help solve this problem is able to medication that needs to find a doctor. The success of the therapy depends on the stage of varicose disorders. Prescribers to increase elasticity of blood vessels, improve blood circulation, decrease swelling.
There are several groups of pharmacy means:
- Based on the natural saponins and flavonoids,
- A combination of drugs,
- A synthetic product.
Additionally, medication to thin the blood, for topical application ointments. In the complex drugs help to prevent varicose veins, relieve tension, swelling, eliminate pain, strengthen the veins.
How to stop varicose veins traditional and non-traditional methods?
To avoid varicose veins if you experience symptoms of the disease, the following methods can be used (conducted in the clinic):
- Therapy consists in introducing into the affected area of the chemical composition, after 7 days, the scars fade, the elasticity of the epithelium increases
- Laser surgery is indicated for lesions of the vessel is more than 4 mm, highly effective method of eliminating varicose veins at different stages, but the road,
- The venous method is used in cases of severe damage to veins, performed under local anesthesia,
- Surgery – in severe clinical cases.
Unconventional methods of eliminating varicose veins at the initial level include homeopathy, yoga, folk treatment at home, mud bath, Tibetan exercises and so on. In any case, it is important to consult a doctor to avoid complications.
When the first signs of varicose veins it is important to avoid prolonged exposure to heat, make hot bath, to forget about posture "foot to foot" every day to do exercises for the legs.
Prevention of varicose veins legs during pregnancy
In the period of carrying a child it is important to follow preventive recommendations gynecologist, after 5 months have to wear a bandage for the belly to reduce the load on the legs, with the appearance of small veins, buy compression underwear. To assess the current condition, the doctor may conduct duplex scanning of vessels of lower extremities. Therapy varicose veins during pregnancy should be carried out strictly under the supervision of a specialist.
To maintain healthy feet for many years to prevent the varicose veins of the lower extremities, it is important to follow the recommendations of the expert, balanced diet, drink plenty of fluids, avoid overheating and overcooling.
Patients with symptoms of varicose veins of the legs is not recommended to drastically change the climate. If signs of varicose veins be sure to ask for help.
8 ways to prevent varicose veins: the French method
To find in France a couple of female legs with dilated veins is much more difficult than in Russia, where the disease is of a General nature and is considered as an inevitable part of post-Natal or just age-related changes. This is clearly evident in the stellar examples: 70-year-old Catherine Deneuve, for example, boasts feet of 35-year-old girl. French women know something we don't know?
This was told by a British doctor Haroun, whose patient, an English woman tortured by questions of how to achieve such healthy and beautiful legs of French women. The doctor decided to reveal the secrets.
Having varicose veins in the early stages, it is possible to do without surgery under General anesthesia. The doctor will perform sclerotherapy — a series of injections with a special drug, after which the small veins just dissolve in the body.
Dr. Harun emphasizes women that varicose veins is a hereditary disease. If your mom or dad extended veins on the legs, it is likely that this "gift" goes to you.
A sedentary lifestyle is one of the main reasons for the development of varicose veins. Dr. Harun is confident that this is a purely Western disease, You will not meet the "venous" leg in the poor countries of Africa, "he says," but in developed countries, where people are busy on office work and a little move, varicose veins occurs very often".
The only method of fight — prevention. Dr. Aaron recommends:
- 1 More walk. Walking is the best form of fitness for the prevention of varicose veins.
- 2 Keep a healthy weight. Obese are significantly more likely to get varicose veins.
- 3 Long standing on the feet contributes to the appearance of varicose veins.
- 4 ridiculously simple way to avoid varicose veins is to consume enough water so as not to allow the blood to clot.
- 5 Best daily treatment to combat varicose veins at home, after work, a little lie down with legs raised up. It restores proper circulation and relieves edema.
- 6 Since the solar radiation contributes to the development of varicose veins, you need to protect your skin from UV rays. And also (in consultation with your doctor) take vitamin C is a natural antioxidant and protector from the sun.
- 7 Oil wheat germ is the friend for anyone who wants to stop the development of varicose veins. It restores collagen fibers veins. The oil can be applied once a day to the affected varicose veins area in a circular motion.
- 8 Visit phlebologist. According to his recommendations you can buy special stockings against varicose veins, knee socks or tights, massage insole, as well as medical drugs (ointments, creams). Try to pick up these tools alone is not worth it.